The Hippocratic Oath holds immense importance in the field of medicine and serves as a guiding principle for medical professionals in India. At Neelima Institute of Medical Sciences , we deeply value the ethical foundation laid by the Hippocratic Oath and strive to instill its principles in our students and faculty.
HIPPOCRATIC OATH as amended on 13th October 2017. (WMA General Assembly, Chicago, United States, October 2017)
AS A MEMBER OF THE MEDICAL PROFESSION:
- I SOLEMNLY PLEDGE to dedicate my life to the service of humanity
- THE HEALTH AND WELL-BEING OF MY PATIENT will be my first consideration
- I WILL RESPECT the autonomy and dignity of my patient
- I WILL MAINTAIN the utmost respect for human life
- I WILL NOT PERMIT considerations of age, disease or disability, creed, ethnic origin, gender, nationality, political affiliation, race, sexual orientation, social standing, or any other factor to intervene between my duty and my patient
- I WILL RESPECT the secrets that are confided in me, even after the patient has died
- I WILL PRACTISE my profession with conscience and dignity and in accordance with good medical practice
- I WILL FOSTER the honour and noble traditions of the medical profession
- I WILL GIVE to my teachers, colleagues, and students the respect and gratitude that is their due.
- I WILL SHARE my medical knowledge for the benefit of the patient and the advancement of healthcare
- I WILL ATTEND TO my own health, well-being, and abilities in order to provide care of the highest standard
- I WILL NOT USE my medical knowledge to violate human rights and civil liberties, even under threat
- I MAKE THESE PROMISES solemnly, freely, and upon my honour.